An Acceptable Use Policy is an integral part of the information security framework of any organisation, especially when it comes to providing employees with access to the internet in the workplace. Having such a policy helps to protect both the business and the employee from serious security incidents and breaches.
This course is aimed at developing awareness and applied understanding of an organisation’s Acceptable Use Policy, with a focus on the responsibilities of employees in regards to acceptable internet use.
• Personal use guidelines;
• Social media use guidelines;
• Unacceptable material;
• Using and / or downloading multimedia;
• Information security incidents;
• Using and / or downloading unauthorised software.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Articulate their responsibilities and appropriate conduct when using the internet at work;
• Outline the key internet-based aspects of the organisation’s Acceptable Use Policy;
• Discuss safeguards against the misuse of the internet at work.