Everyone has the right to a safe work environment. Therefore, it is important that every member of the organisation is aware of their responsibilities in relation to managing hazards in the workplace.
This course has been developed to help learners meet health and safety obligations and requirements under legislation and organisational policies. It is also designed to assist learners in managing health and safety matters within their relevant work environment by explaining the hazard management process.
• Health and safety legislation;
• The organisation’s duty;
• Reasonable steps;
• Workers’ duty;
• Breaches of duties;
• Managing health and safety;
• Safety management system;
• The hazard management process:
o Step 1: Identify the hazard;
o Step 2: Assess the hazard;
o Step 3: Control the hazard;
o Step 4: Monitor exposure;
• Responding to health and safety issues;
• Hazard and incident reporting;
• Incident investigation;
• Notifiable incidents;
• Record keeping.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Identify the legislation governing health and safety and consequences of breach;
• Discuss theirs and others' health and safety responsibilities;
• Describe the components of the safety management system;
• Outline the hazard management process;
• Respond appropriately to health and safety issues.