We usually associate diversity with ethnicity and religious differences; however, there are other kinds of diversity in the workplace. These include generational diversity, differences in ability, lifestyles and sexual orientation.
This course will increase the learner’s understanding of the benefits of workplace diversity as well as their responsibilities in maintaining a diverse workplace. It will also equip learners with appropriate communication and conflict resolution techniques to ensure that all staff are treated in a fair and respectful way.
• What is workplace diversity?
• Staff and management responsibilities;
• Various types of workplace diversities, including:
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Understand what diversity is;
• Explain the benefits and challenges of diversity;
• Identify diverse groups in the workplace;
• Effectively manage conflict situations associated with multicultural teams;
• Apply techniques to promote inclusion in the workplace.