Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify, control and manage emotions as well as understand, interpret and respond to the emotions of others. Emotional intelligence is therefore vital when it comes to workplace relationships, conflict resolution, teamwork and the overall success of the organisation.
Emotional intelligence is a skill that can be developed by improving self awareness, self regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills. This course has therefore been designed to increase understanding in front line managers of how to successfully identify emotions and apply the different elements of emotional intelligence in their leadership role.
• Definition of emotional intelligence;
• Basic human emotions;
• Elements of emotional intelligence:
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Define emotional intelligence;
• Define and discuss what emotions are;
• Describe the different elements of emotional intelligence and explain how they can improve their skills in these areas.