In the event of a fire, it is often the immediate actions of those involved that can have a significant effect on the outcome of the incident.
This course will develop the learner understanding of the procedures in place to prevent and respond to fires. It will also increase the learner’s knowledge of the fire warning and detection system and evacuation procedures. By completing this course learners should be able to respond appropriately and safely to a fire.
• Emergency Management Plan;
• Emergency response personnel and their duties;
• Fire warning and detection systems;
• Fire fighting equipment, its use and maintenance;
• Evacuation procedures including alert tones, emergency exits and assembly areas;
• Lock down and shelter in place procedures.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Understand the roles of emergency response personnel;
• Discuss their duties and responsibilities regarding fires;
• Identify which immediate actions must be taken in the event of a fire;
• State the location of emergency equipment, exits and assembly areas;
• Describe the procedure to follow in an evacuation.