Everyone has the right to a safe work environment. Therefore, it is important that every member of the organisation is aware of their health and safety responsibilities and the relevant health and safety legislation. As leaders in an organisation, managers have additional responsibilities when it comes to health and safety in the workplace.
This course is designed to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of health and safety legislation. It will also outline their role and responsibilities in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
• Health and safety legislation;
• Organisation and worker duties;
• Officers’ duty to take reasonable steps;
• Breaches of duties;
• Managing health and safety;
• Safety management system;
• Hazard management process;
• Ongoing training and supervision;
• Record keeping;
• Responding to health and safety issues;
• Hazard and incident reporting;
• Incident investigation;
• Notifiable incidents;
• Accident compensation;
• Return to work program;
• Tips for managers.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Identify the legislation governing health and safety and consequences of breach;
• Discuss theirs and others' health and safety responsibilities;
• Describe the components of the safety management system;
• Outline and implement the hazard management process;
• Respond appropriately to health and safety issues.