How well a person listens in the workplace has a major impact on their job effectiveness and the quality of their relationships with others.
This course has therefore been designed to provide learners with ways to improve their listening skills. It will also help learners understand the differences between listening and hearing and discuss how to avoid the common barriers to listening.
• The differences between listening and hearing;
• Benefits of good listening;
• Improving your listening skills by:
o Being present in the moment;
o Displaying open body language;
o Making eye contact;
o Giving regular feedback;
o Clarifying what has been said;
• Common barriers to listening.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Explain the differences between listening and hearing;
• Recognise the benefits of good listening;
• Discuss ways they can improve their listening skills;
• Identify how to avoid the common barriers to listening.