Workplace data can be very valuable to organisations as it can be used in many different ways, including in reporting, evaluating engagement or other initiatives and identifying issues and trends.
This course has therefore been created to give learners an introduction to the different types of workplace data that the organisation collects. It also looks at how the data is stored, analysed and used within the workplace.
• Why data is collected;
• What kind of data is collected;
• The difference between qualitative and quantitative data;
• How data is collected;
• How the security of data is managed;
• How qualitative and quantitative data is analysed.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Identify the reasons the organisation collects workplace data;
• Discuss the different types of workplace data that can be collected;
• Discuss how the organisation collects, analyses and uses workplace data;
• Explain how the organisation manages the security of workplace data.