A successful onboarding program helps new starters to settle into their role, team and the workplace culture quickly. It can also help to reduce incidences of early resignation, facilitate relationship building and ensure that all new starters are aware of the relevant policies, procedures, systems and processes.
As managers have the main responsibility of onboarding new staff, this module has been designed to inform them of the onboarding process, its benefits and their role. It will also look at how the onboarding process is integrated with recruitment and performance management.
• What onboarding is and how it fits into the different stages of employment;
• The people involved in onboarding;
• The responsibilities of those involved in onboarding, including:
• The stages of onboarding, including:
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Explain what onboarding is and how it fits into the overall employment process;
• Discuss the benefits of onboarding;
• Identify the responsibilities of those involved in onboarding;
• Discuss the key stages of onboarding and ways to make the onboarding experience unique;
• Identify how the onboarding experience is evaluated.