Work-related stress is a growing problem around the world that affects the health and wellbeing of workers and the productivity of organisations. The indirect costs to people suffering from work-related stress, and their families and colleagues, make it clear that work-related stress needs to be addressed.
This course has been developed to clarify important issues around the concept of stress, explain how it is caused, what its common symptoms are and how stress can be managed effectively.
• What is stress?
• Causes of stress: work-related and non-work-related stressors;
• How to manage stress effectively;
• Time management;
• Where to find assistance for stress related issues;
• Accepting causes of stress;
• Tips for fun and relaxation;
• Maintaining optimal health.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Identify causes and effects of stress;
• Explain the symptoms of stress;
• Describe strategies for reducing stress levels in the present moment;
• Describe strategies for managing stress levels on an ongoing basis.