Creating accurate position descriptions and appealing job advertisements ensures that every role is clearly defined and that the right people are recruited for each position in an organisation.
This course has therefore been designed to help relevant staff members to be able to write these documents well.
• The purpose of position descriptions and job advertisements;
• Contents of a position description, including:
o Job title;
o Position overview;
o Salary, hours and location;
o Working relationships and reporting lines;
o Responsibilities, skills and competencies;
o Qualifications and work experience;
• Contents of a job advertisement, including:
o A heading;
o Key information and requirements;
o Information about our organisation;
o Instructions on how to apply;
• Where to place a job advertisement;
• Why it is important to provide a response to job applicants.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Identify the purpose of a position description and job advertisement;
• Discuss what information to include in a position description and job advertisement;
• Recognise where they can place a job advertisement;
• Explain why it is important to provide a response to job applicants.